Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday, Monday...

I hope everyone had a restful weekend, and that you're all ready for a busy week! Please make sure you check backpacks today. I sent home quite a few things today, so make sure you take a look.

Last spring our PTC generously bought me 5 iPod touches to use in my classroom. If they were found to be useful, the thought was that maybe then we'd have a goal to buy some more for other classrooms later. I finally got them into the kiddos hands this last week. They are filled with fun and exciting apps that really help reinforce concepts with the kiddos. We are using this during word work at Daily 5 time, as well as when kids come in in the morning, and as they finish up early whatever activity we are doing at the time. They are also able to earn time on the iPods with good behavior, and it seems to be working for most of the kids. Not everyone has gotten on them, but we are pretty close! I'm currently working on creating a list of favorite apps that are useful and educational for first graders. When it's all done, I will definitely share it with you. Apps are expensive, so of course we are always looking for iTunes donations. :) Here's some fun pictures of some of the kids sharing the iPods with a partner.






I will be out of the classroom on Thursday and Friday, but will be able to check my email. Please make sure to send any changes by note to the office since I will not be there.

Have you checked out IXL yet? Please have your child get on as much as possible. Feel free to explore the site. Please send me an email if you need your child's password or username.

Thank you to those who made it in for a conference last week! It was nice to meet some of you. Don't worry if you didn't get a note for a conference. These were just optional, and regular conferences will be held in November the week of Thanksgiving.

Make sure to get in your Pinkalicious permission slips. We are looking for 6 volunteers per classroom. Please make sure you have been cleared through the district before signing up to volunteer.

We are still in need of weekly volunteers. If you have a few hours to spare, please let me know. We'd love to have you!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment