Monday, November 29, 2010

Conferences

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving with your families! I know that I sure enjoyed being able to spend so much time with my own kids, and to see family we don't get to see very often. However, I was disappointed in the cancellation of school last Tuesday. I look so forward to meeting with all parents, and talking about how your kids are doing at school. But unfortunately, we'll have to just do what we can, with the amount of time we have. So, if I wasn't able to meet you you because of Tuesday's school closure, then I will be sending your child's report card home tomorrow. Please look through it, as well as the stuff with it, and then let me know if you have any questions. If you would still like to meet with me for a conference, I do have a few times this week after school, but I won't be able to do night conferences. Please let me know as soon as possible if you'd like to reschedule. Again, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Now on to the Christmas season!

*A Few Notes From Conferences
  • Please read and sign the Parent-Student-Teacher Compact and return it to school. This just reviews each of our responsibilities to your child's education.
  • Make sure you have signed up for Flash Alert, and that the office has your most recent emergency contact information. If you get new numbers or addresses, please let us know!
  • Our Title 1 program has purchased an online math program for kids to use to work on math concepts. There are math problems for kids to complete that are directly tied to the first grade standards. This is great for extra practice, as well as for review and something extra. A letter will be coming home with instructions, and user names and passwords. Please get on the site with your child, and have them play around. If you have any questions, please let me know. We will also be doing this at school as often as we can.
  • Please make sure you continue to read the blog, and school newsletter. Don't forget that the new Monday envelopes come home on Mondays (or Tuesday this week) with the important papers for the week. Please read the information, and then sign the folder and send it back to school. This will keep you informed of what's going on in class, as well as in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment