Happy Earth Day! We had a fun day doing all sorts of projects about the earth. We started the day making a model of the different layers of the earth, which are the inner core, outer core, mantle and crust. We also talked a lot about things that we can do to help keep the earth healthy and clean. Thank you for sending back your "Healthy Earth Pledges." The tree is almost complete, so we'll be sure to add pictures later. We even got to make earth crayons out of old blue and green crayons. Make sure that at home you are doing everything you can to set a good example of how to help the earth. Here are a few easy things you can do that our class came up with:
1. Recycle plastic, glass, aluminum and paper whenever possible. Don't forget to return those pop cans and plastic bottles!
2. Use re-usable water bottles instead of the plastic disposable ones whenever possible.
3. Use reusable grocery bags, or reuse the plastic ones instead of getting new ones every time.
4. Turn of your lights and water whenever you aren't using them.
5. If you unplug things such as microwaves, computers, TVs, toasters, blenders, etc. when they aren't in use, you can save over 5% on you electricity bill, and save energy.
6. Walk, don't drive when you can, or try to group your trips into the least amount of driving possible.
7. Spread the word!!! Tell others about things that they can do. We only have one chance to help keep our planet a safe and healthy place to be, for all of these kiddos and their futures.